Summary of Event Monitoring Spring'18 Release Features
1. Hourly Event Log Files Beta - enhanced interval to obtain event log data for customers and partners
Currently EventLogFile object has your Salesforce event data from the previous 24 hrs. With hourly event logs you are able to track events that have been generated 2-4 hrs ago alongside daily event log files. See the interval field from the picture below where Interval = 'hourly' from workbench API tool.
This allows you to make decisions whether you pull your event log files several times a day to your analytics environment for security or performance monitoring use cases or stay in the daily batch for adoption monitoring. The hourly event log files does not automatically work with event monitoring analytics app, Splunk, New Relic, FairWarning or Cloudlock. Please work with your analytics team to start using the hourly files.
2. Insecure External Assets Event Log - track insecure external assets hosted in Salesforce and fix URLs from HTTP to HTTPS. This event log file will be generated when your users are accessing external assets like images in Salesforce over insecure HTTP protocol. The insecure external assets event log file will be provided free of charge and out of box to all customers similar to Login and Logout event log files.
3. Delete Event Log Files - to help comply with existing and upcoming data regulations like GDPR, event log data can now be deleted with a specific Delete Event Monitoring Records permissions.
Before this permission can be assigned to a user or permission set, there is also a Org wide preference that needs to be turned on.
4. Track User Actions with time based workflows - correlate multiple events together with Login Key and Session Key
To get more visibility into Time Based Workflow, we've added the Login and Session Key to help track all transaction changes in the specific Time Based Workflow.
5. Salesforce Connect Event Log enhancements - track external objects comprehensively
For Salesforce Connect customers, several log files enhancements have been added to provide more fine grain visibility for external objects, be it query or write operation, when the call occurred and which user accessed the data.
6. Event Monitoring Analytics App Trailhead, in case you're using the Event Monitoring Analytics App or a new customer getting started the Event Monitoring Analytics App Trailhead is a great way to spend 1h 15 mins to understand how to get started for adoption, performance or security monitoring for your Salesforce application.
7. Changes to Event Log File schema due to regulatory consistency
Document Attachment Downloads event log file