With Event Monitoring and Salesforce Shield, customers can closely follow these activities in form of Event Log Files and Transaction Security Policies. With Event Monitoring Wave App, customers can further visualize who's downloading data (exporting reports).
Event Monitoring Wave App already includes the out of the box denormalization from UserIDs to Usernames but with three simple steps you can also denormalize and update your Report Downloads dashboard to include what reports your users are downloading.
Dennis Schultz, Principal Solution Engineer from Salesforce has worked on a short video that shows how to use Salesforce Wave Analytics Recipe feature to bring more Salesforce data into Wave and transform your dashboards to include Report Names just under 5 minutes.
How to add Report Names to the Report Dashboards with Salesforce Wave Analytics Recipes in 3 easy steps.
1. Create "Lookup" Dataset
- From your Wave app environment click Create Dataset.
- Select Salesforce as the source and select Report object. Select fields e.g. Report ID and Report Name. Create the Dataset.
- To enable the integration between Wave Analytics and Salesforce, go to Data Manager to enable the default Salesforce Dataflow. Once finished, soon you'll see the dataset in your Wave environment.
- You can confirm you have the right information from the Values table.
- Go to Data Manager and select Prepare
- Create Recipe and Select ReportExportWithUsers Dataset as the base to work with
- Name your new Dataset "ReportExportWithReportNames"
- Transform the table with the Lookup Dataset we created in Step 1 with Add Data Transform
- Select URI_ID_Derived from the Base ReportExportWithUsers Dataset and Report ID from the new Lookup Dataset
- Now specify you want the Report Name field to be included in the new Dataset
- Finally create Dataset to run the Recipe
- Run on scheduled to pick up new events daily
- Open the Report Downloads Dashboard
- Make a Copy or Clone the Dashboard before continuing
- Rename the Dashboard "New Report Downloads" and Save
- Open ReportExportwithReportNames DataSet
- Group by Username and ReportName - some names might not be available e.g. User created a new report and deleted the report
- Click the scissors to "Clip to Designer" the lense and Provide a name ReportExportWithNames
- Return to the New Report Downloads Dashboard and hold the Shift Key down and move the widget to the Dashboard
- Save the Dashboard and Click the Eye button to view it
Please take a look at the video and leave comments or questions below: http://salesforce.vidyard.com/watch/SfuJDkrD9qmycyjgwcdiNS